POLICY & LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- We do require a 48 hour advance notification to cancel your scheduled move in order to receive full refund.
- Rates have a 4 hour minimum for full moves and 3 hour minimum for labor services with a 30 minute increment charge and a one time travel fee. Hourly rate includes movers, box truck, equipment with basic insurance and does not carry any other fees.
- The customer or a representative must be present during the move and final “walk through”. We need your guidance! It is the customer’s responsibility to do a final “walk-through” of the premises to ensure we have taken all items.
- You must pay in full at the of the completion of job. Acceptable methods of payment include: cash or credit card (visa/mastercard/discover/american express). For credit card payments, your name and the name on the credit card should match.
- If the move requires work other than the job description, Express Moving Team reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. In order to make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs that day.
- We do not move grand pianos, We recommend hiring professional piano movers. We can move small upright pianos when there are three steps or a short flight that is not longer than the measurement equal to the length of the piano.
- Express Moving Team will not move items that we feel are unsanitary conditions or unsafe.
- For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of the work area.
- We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Express Moving Team is not responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
- Express Moving Team will not move flammable or hazardous material due to safety laws.
- Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture.
- Damage claims must be noted on the contract at the completion of move. We ask you to report any and all claims within 24 hours of your move. Please email description and photos of all damages to claim at Info@expressmovinteam.com
- The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer are not insured by Express Moving Team and is the responsibility of the customer.
- Express Moving Team shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment.
- The right is reserved by Express Moving Team to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
- Express Moving Team will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
- Express Moving Team shall not be responsible for damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation.
- Express Moving Team shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
- Express Moving Team shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
- Express Moving Team assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or truck rental services and which Express Moving Team did not transport.
- Express Moving Team may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lbs., at the crew leads discretion. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of Express Moving Team
- Express Moving Team will disconnect and reconnect appliances such as washer/dryer or refrigerator etc. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only (WE ARE NOT PLUMBERS). Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. Express Moving Team is not responsible for damage to plumbing, electrical systems, or water damage associated with the connection or disconnection of appliances.
- Express Moving Team cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances. Please empty the freezers/refrigerators contents for safe moving. We are happy to load these last and unload them first. Express Moving Team will not repair pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material w/ a photograph of wood-grain attached. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this website.
All content appearing on this website is the property of Express Moving Team Copyright © 2015-2018. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2015-2018 Express Moving Team. All rights reserved.
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this website are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by Express Moving Team. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of Express Moving Team or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Express Moving Team and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Express Moving Team believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Express Moving Team and its subsidiaries.